Luxury Yacht Charter Vancouver
Yacht Charter in Vancouver
Vancouver is home to some of the best cruising territories in Canada’s British Columbia. Built around a busy natural harbor, the city has a wonderful cosmopolitan feel to it with sailing very much at its heart. Consistently ranked as one of the three most liveable cities in the world, Vancouver offers something for everyone. The surrounding coastline is equally as attractive and full of yachting possibilities, with a number of islands off which to anchor and explore.
Marinas in Vancouver
There are excellent marine facilities for yachts in this region of British Columbia. They include:
Coal Harbour Marina
Tel: +604 681 2628
Mosquito Creek Marina
Tel: +604 987 4113
Burrard Civic Marina
Tel: +604 733 5833
Heather Civic Marina
Tel: +604 874 2814
Maritime Market and Marina
Tel: +604 408 0100
Pelican Bay Marina
Tel: +604 682 7454
Tel: +604 921 3474
Tel: +604 921 7484
Union Steamship Marina
Tel: +604 947 0707
Tel: +604 278 3300
Weather in Vancouver
Vancouver enjoys a temperate maritime climate, quite dissimilar to anywhere else in Canada. Summers are very pleasant with an average temperature of around 22C, although this can peak to 30C. The summer months also tend to be dry, with the most rain falling in autumn. Temperatures fall off in October and November, to around 13C and in winter, from December to February, the average high is around 6C.
Top Five Things to do in Vancouver:
- Sail under the Lions Gate Bridge with the magnificent views of North and West Vancouver on one side and Stanley Park on the other side.
- Take a trip to Keats Island to explore the marine sanctuary.
- Treat the family by taking them on an Aquabus to the Kids Market on Granville Island.
- Enjoy a chairlift ride to the top of Grouse Mountain, 15 minutes from the Downtown Vancouver.
- Tee off at the Fraserview Golf Course overlooking the Fraser River. Tel: +604 257 6923.
Top 5 Restaurants in Vancouver:
- For some of the best wines in Vancouver head to the elegant Bacchus Piano Lounge at the Wedgewood Hotel. www.wedgewoodhotel.com
- West is a highly-acclaimed contemporary restaurant in South Granville. www.westrestaurant.com
- For award-winning seafood try C Restaurant, with stunning view of Granville Island. www.crestaurant.com
- Vij’s is the place to go for some of the most authentic Indian food in Canada. www.vijs.com
- For the best breakfast in town, try the Mosaic Bar and Grille at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver. http://vancouver.hyatt.com