Luxury Yacht Charter Taiwan
Yacht Charter in Taiwan
Following more than 60 years of strict restrictions imposed on coastal development in Taiwan, the Government is now actively trying to attract visitors to its shores. Facilities for super yachts are currently minimal, with less than 600 berths throughout the country, although there are plans for more marinas to be built to accommodate the yacht charter industry. The first European visitors to discover Taiwan were a group of Portuguese sailors – who named it Ilha Formosa – or beautiful island. And the Asian island doesn’t disappoint: lush mountains, a stunning coastline and some of the world’s best hot springs.
Marinas in Taiwan
There are currently marinas with floating docks at three locations in the country, with plans for more in the near future:
Tel: + 886 7 815 7085
Houbihu Marina, Kenting
Taiwan County Marina
Tel: + 886 2 8993 5888
Weather in Taiwan
Taiwan’s climate is subtropical, with hot and humid summers and winters which can be fairly damp and cold, especially in the north. The ideal time to visit Taiwan is in the autumn and spring when temperatures hover around 25C. Typhoon season can wreak havoc in late summer to mid-autumn, especially on the east coast.
Top Five Things to do in Taiwan:
- Eat your heart out at the Shilin Night Market in Taipei.
- Hike through the dramatic Taroko National Park and be amazed by the canyons.
- Visit the Lotus Pond near Kaohsiung, a popular destination since the Qing dynasty.
- Relax in the hot springs at the Jhaorih resort on Green Island, and remember to pack your swimming cap. Tel: +886 89 671 133
- Really test your golfing skills at arguably the country’s top course, the Orient Golf and Country Club, outside Taipei. Tel: +886 3350 1212
Top 5 Restaurants in Taiwan
- For great noodles in Taipei go to Yuan-Yuan at the Grand Hotel. www.grand-hotel.org
- The Sheraton’s Dragon Restaurant in Taipei is definitely worth a visit. www.sheraton-taipei.com
- If you fancy a sun downer, try the Ziga Ziga Restaurant Bar Club, in the Grand Hyatt Taipei. http://taipei.grand.hyatt.com
- For a western meal in Kaohsiung seek out the Lighthouse Bar and Grill and Bar. www.thelighthouse.com.tw
- Enjoy amazing sea views at the Harbour Restaurant at the Grand Hi-Lai Hotel in Kaohsiung. www.grand-hilai.com.tw