Luxury Yacht Charter St Kitts and Nevis
Yacht Charter in St Kitts and Nevis
St Kitts and Nevis are two islands in the Leewards chain which together make up the independent federation of St Kitts and Nevis. A former British colony until 1983, the two islands are less sophisticated than neighboring Antigua and St Maarten although strides are being taken to bring the country into the 21st century. Both islands are bless with incredible natural beauty, but St Kitts is certainly has more to offer in terms of facilities for yacht charter.
Marinas in St Kitts and Nevis
Efforts are being made to make the islands more yacht-friendly with several marinas in the process of being built. Marinas currently in operation include:
Port Zante Marina
Tel: +869 466 5021
Weather in St Kitts and Nevis
The average temperature on both islands hovers between 22C and 30C throughout the year, with a wet season between May and October. Hurricane season also occurs during these months, running from June to November. The best season to come to St Kitts and Nevis on yacht charter is between the months of November to April, when the skies are blue and the temperatures are wonderfully warm.
Top Five Things to do in St Kitts and Nevis:
- Enjoy the stunning views from the top of Brimstone Hill Fortress, now a UNESCO World Heritage site that was built by the English to defend St Kitts against French attack. brimstonehillfortress.org
- Tee off at the gentile Royal St Kitts Golf Club. www.royalstkittsgolfclub.com
- For a day of pampering unlike any other, head to The Body Haven Salon at the Sands complex. www.thebodyhavenskb.com
- Ride on the Cane Train, St Kitts Scenic Railway which will take you through the island’s sugar cane plantations. Tel: +869 465 7263
- Explore the Coconut Tree Reef, one of the best dives sites around the island of St Kitts.
Top 5 Restaurants in St Kitts and Nevis:
- For a real taste of the West Indies head to the Reggae Beach Bar and Grill. www.reggaebeachbar.com
- The Beach House Restaurant at Christophe Harbour is well worth a visit during a yacht charter. www.stkittsbeachhouse.com
- For first-class dining on Nevis reserve a table at the Four Seasons Dining Room at the Four Seasons Resort Nevis. www.fourseasons.com/nevis
- The Royal Palm is a favorite restaurant amongst locals, set in the grounds of Ottley’s Plantation Inn on the east coast of St Kitts. www.ottleys.com/royal-palm-restaurant.htm
- Miss June’s is an institution of Nevis, made famous by Oprah Winfrey. Tel: +869 469 5330