Luxury Yacht Charter St Barth
Yacht Charter in St Barth
St Barth – or St Barthélemy as it is officially known – is a charming island which is becoming increasingly popular as a luxury yacht charter destination. The French overseas territory, which measures just eight miles, is the smallest of the islands that comprise the French West Indies but what it lacks in size it makes up for in style. A favorite with the jet set, St Barth is the French Riviera of the Caribbean with glorious white sandy beaches, pristine crystal clear waters and exclusive boutiques, restaurants and hotels.
Marinas in St Barth
Whilst luxury yacht charter in St Barth is becoming increasingly popular facilities in marinas are sparse. Berths are available in the locations below:
St Barth Marine
Tel: +590 27 62 25
The Port of Gustavia
Tel: +590 27 66 97
Weather in St Barth
St Barth enjoys a tropical climate with all-year sunshine and temperatures ranging between 22C-30C. It does experience some rain, mainly between July and October but most showers tend to fall conveniently during the night. There is a slight risk of hurricanes during the wet season.
Top Five Things to do in St Barth:
- People watch at the trendy Nikki Beach in the Baie de St Jean. www.nikkibeach.com/stbarths/
- Tee off at the unique aqua driving range on the Etang de Grand Cul de Sac.
- Anchor off Colombier Beach, only accessible by boat or a 30 minutes hike by foot.
- Spend a day shopping in the capital of the island, Gustavia, where you’ll find boutiques to rival Paris, Rome and London.
- Check out the Inter Oceans Museum’s collection of more than 9000 seashells. Tel: +590 27 62 97
Top 5 Restaurants in St Barth:
- Le Gaiac in the Toiny Hotel serves the best brunch on the island. www.letoiny.com
- French tennis star Yannick Noah co-owns Do Brazil, a great restaurant with stunning views over Shell Beach. www.dobrazil.com
- For the best lobster on the island, head to La Langouste, at the Hotel Baie des Anges. http://hotel-baie-des-anges.com
- Le Restaurant des Pecheurs, attached to Le Sereno Hotel, serves mouth-watering seafood. www.lesereno.com
- For eclectic Creole food, try Maya’s, on La Plage de Public. Tel: +590 29 79 99.