Luxury Yacht Charter Philippines
Yacht Charter in the Philippines
The Philippines is the second-largest archipelago in the world, with more than 7,000 tropical islands strewn in the western Pacific just north of Malaysia. The region is one of the most stunning on earth, with coral-fringed islands dotted in the emerald blue sea. It is famous for its outstanding diving and snorkeling sites, and is become more and more popular as a sailing destination.
Marinas in the Philippines
There are currently three facilities for the international yachting community in the Philippines:
Manila Yacht Club
Maya Maya Yacht Club
Porto Galera Yacht Club
Weather in the Philippines
The weather in the Philippines is either dry or wet. The dry season is between November and May, and the wet season from June to October. Temperatures are generally warm, peaking in May when it can be very hot with thermometers hitting the late 30C. Typhoons can be experienced, largely on the east side of the archipelago, from June to November.
Top Five Things to do in the Philippines:
- Dive amongst thresher sharks in waters off Malapascua Island.
- Go canoeing down fast-flowing rapids at Pagsanjan, in Laguna Province, 70km from Manila.
- Snorkel off Boracay Island.
- Try out the hot springs at Panicuason after a trek round Mount Isarog National Park.
- Play golf at the famous Manila Southwoods Golf and Country Club, designed by Jack Nicklaus. www.manilasouthwoods.com
Top 5 Restaurants in the Philippines
- Dine in splendid surroundings overlooking the prestigious green at Manila Southwoods Golf and Country Club. www.manilasouthwoods.com
- For the perfect steak go to the Marriott Manila’s Cru Steakhouse. www.marriott.com
- Indulge in the Millionaire’s Salad at the Hyatt Hotel and Casino in Manila. www.manila.casino.hyatt.com
- Antonio’s in Tagaytay will not disappoint. Tel: + 63 046 413 0975
- Treat yourself to a picnic on Entalula Island in El Nido. www.elnidoresorts.com