Luxury Yacht Charter Oman
Yacht Charter in Oman
The United Arab Emirates’ state of Oman is relatively new to luxury yacht charter territory but has a host of wonderful charms and attractions to offer. The capital Muscat is an exciting metropolis with a first class marina whilst it also boasts more than one thousand miles of coastline along the Indian Ocean dotted with remote islands, inland fjords and incredible dive sites.
Marinas in Oman
At present there is one functional marina in Oman, and a project to develop the second:
Bander al Rowdha
Tel: +968 24 73 73 86
Tel: +968 24 53 44 00
Weather in Oman
Oman enjoys wonderful hot and sunny weather. Temperatures during the summer frequently reach 40C whilst winters are cooler, with temperatures rarely falling below the mid 20s. Rainfall is minimal.
Top Five Things to do in Oman:
- Sail to the Daymaniyat archipelago, a group of islands just outside the marina where there are more than a dozen dive sites
- Watch dolphins in the waters just off the coast of Oman.
- Play a round of golf at the Muscat Hills Golf and Country Club. www.muscathills.com
- Go and see the ruins of an impressive fort in Bahla, outside Muscat. The fort was built by the tribe of the Banu Nebhan in the 12th century.
- Snorkel off Marjan Beach, near the Petroleum Development Oman, where you can see a stunning variety of marine wildlife including clown fish and turtles.
Top 5 Restaurants in Oman
- Try some genuine Omani dishes at Bin Atique. Tel: + 968 24 47 82 25
- Dine at Mumtaz Mahal for an Indian with a view. Tel: + 968 24 60 59 07
- D’Arcy’s Kitchen is an award-winning restaurant serving western food. Tel: +968 24 60 02 34
- Enjoy an Arabian experience in Kargeen Café. Tel: +968 24 69 22 69
- 5. Al-Boom has a great location by the sea and serves great seafood. Tel: +968 24 71 31 00