Luxury Yacht Charter Nantucket
Yacht Charter in Nantucket
Nantucket is the most remote of the Massachusetts coastal islands but is hugely popular as a yacht charter destination due to its spectacular scenery and a surprisingly extensive range of first-class restaurants. The tiny island 30 miles off the coast at Cape Cod is renowned for its whaling history, which is still very much evident today. With more than 100 miles of unspoiled beaches, wonderful shopping and a rich history, Nantucket is a wonderful place to visit on yacht charter.
Marinas in Nantucket
Due to the size and isolated position of Nantucket, the facilities for yacht charter are limited:
Nantucket Boat Basin
Tel: +1 508 325 1360
Tel: +1 508 228 4472
Weather in Nantucket
The weather in Nantucket is milder than other parts of New England because of the Gulf Stream. Temperatures in the summer hover around 25C whilst in the winter they tend to fall to around 5C. Rainfall is minimal, and tends to be heaviest in the winter months.
Top Five Things to do in Nantucket:
- For the best surfing and kite-surfing on the island head to Surfside Beach, on the south side of the island.
- Discover the island by bike.
- Visit the Whaling Museum. www.nha.org
- Join a guided tour of the Coskata-Coatue Wildlife Refuge to see snowy egrets, ospreys and oystercatchers. Tel: +1 508 228 6799
- For golf with a view try the Miacomet Golf Course. www.miacometgolf.com
Top 5 Restaurants in Nantucket:
- Topper’s at The Wauwinet is the place to go for lobster. www.wauwinet.com
- For fine dining on the waterfront reserve a table at Straight Wharf. www.straightwharfrestaurant.com
- For a romantic meal on your yacht charter head to Company of the Cauldron, in Nantucket town. www.companyofthecauldron.com
- Le Languedoc Bistro is arguably the island’s most authentic French café. www.lelanguedoc.com
- If you dine nowhere else on Nantucket make sure you try out Galley beach, the island’s hottest restaurant. www.galleybeach.net