Luxury Yacht Charter Malaysia
Yacht Charter in Malaysia
Sailing in Malaysia can be divided neatly into two segments: cruising around the collection of 90 islands dotted off the north-west coast of Malaysia, including the popular destinations of Penang and Langkawi; or gently pottering amongst the 17 islands off the south-east coast of the country. Guests will be spoilt for choice. Both areas boast unlimited access to tropical islands, clear blue waters and a wide range of excellent yachting amenities.
Marinas in Malaysia
Malaysia is fast becoming one of the most popular destinations in South-East Asia for yacht charter, and to this end, it offers excellent marine facilities.
Royal Langkawi Yacht Club Tel: +604 966 4078
Royal Selangor Yacht Club
Tel: +604 959 2202
Admiral Marina and Leisure Club
Tel: +606 647 0888
Sebana Cove Marina
Tel: +607 8266 677
Weather in Malaysia
Due to Malaysia’s location close to the Equator, it is hot throughout the year. The wettest period is between October and April. On the east coast of the Peninsular heavy rain fall between November and February can cause problems and many resorts on this side of the country close during this period.
Top Five Things to do in Malaysia:
- Visit the Elephant Orphanage at Kuala Gandah, just 90 minutes drive from Kuala Lumpur.
- Explore the Clearwater Caves in Gunung Mulu National Park, Sarawak.
- Visit the turtle conservation project on Satang Island.
- Treat yourself to a day of pampering at the Ishan Spa, on Langkawi. Tel: +604 955 5585
- Play a round of golf at the grandiose Sebana Golf Resort. www.sebanacove.com
Top 5 Restaurants in Malaysia:
- Enjoy a meal with a view at KL Towers, South-East Asia’s tallest building at 421m. www.kltower.com.my
- SevenAteNine is an award winning restaurant in Kuala Lumpur where booking in advance is essential. www.sevenatenine.com
- For a romantic meal in a stunning setting try Cravo Cravo in Melaka. Tel: +606 233 3399
- If you fancy a night to remember try the sensational and sophisticated 1885 at the Eastern and Oriental Hotel on Penang. www.e-o-hotel.com
- Junk’s name is misleading. Reserve a table in the popular Kuching restaurant to find out why. Tel: + 608 225 9450