Luxury Yacht Charter Hawaii
Yacht Charter in Hawaii
The archipelago of Hawaii lies in the Pacific Ocean south east Japan and on the same parallel with Mexico. Known as America’s 50th state, it is made up of 19 stunning islands and tolls, many of which are totally deserted. The largest island is called Hawaii – or the Big Island – and is home to active volcanoes on the southeast coast. The capital of Hawaii is found on the island of Oahu, where most of the population lives. Hawaii is characterized by mile upon mile of uninhabited coastlines filled with empty beaches and secluded anchorages, making the perfect cruising destination for yacht charter.
Marinas in Hawaii
The number of marinas in Hawaii is less than one would expect in such a developed destination. They include:
Gentry’s Kona Marina
Tel: + 808 329 7896
Ko Olina Marina
Tel: +808 679 1050
Waikiki Yacht Club
Tel: +808 955 4405
Weather in Hawaii
Hawaii enjoys a near perfect climate, with warm and gentle trade winds, mild temperatures and sunny skies. It also boasts 11 of the 13 climate zones in the world, each with unique ecosystems and weather characteristics. This means that you can enjoy wonderful balmy temperatures of up to 30C in the tropical coastline zones whilst in the Alpine zones, at the top of Mauna Kea, temperatures can fall to below freezing. Hawaii has two seasons – summer, from May to September where temperatures can reach 30C, and winter, from October to April, when temperatures drop to around 23C.
Top Five Things to do in Hawaii:
- Visit Kilauea, an active volcano situated on the south-eastern tip of the Big Island. The volcano, one of the most active in the world, erupted in January 1983 and has been continuously flowing ever since.
- Snorkel off the island of Molokini.
- Marvel at the Waimea Canyon in Koke’s State Park on the island of Kauai. Mark Twain dubbed it the ‘Grand Canyon of the Pacific’, and it is a truly remarkable sight.
- Play a memorable round of golf at one of the archipelago’s 80 golf courses. Arguably the best is at Maui’s Kapalua Resort, where the PGA Mercedes Championship is played every January. www.kapalua.com
- Indulge in a spa day at the Halekilani hotel, Waikiki, the first to explore the healing traditions of the Pacific islands. Try the Polynesian Nonu, a Samoan-inspired massage using stones. www.halekilani.com
Top 5 Restaurants in Hawaii:
- Dinner at La Mer restaurant in the five star resort of Halekilani, on Oahu, is an assault of all the senses. www.halekilani.com
- Enjoy sensational French cuisine at Chef Mavro Restaurant in Honolulu, Oahu. www.chefmavro.com
- For some of the best Chinese food outside China head to Alan Wong’s Restaurant, Oahu. www.alanwongs.com
- On the Big Island, try out Merriman’s for fantastic local dishes. www.merrimanshawaii.com
- For undoubtedly the best view on Maui reserve a table at Son’z Maui at Swan Court, at the Hyatt Regency. www.sonzmaui.com