Luxury Yacht Charter Fort Lauderdale
Yacht Charter in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale is arguably the center of the yachting universe and a particularly popular destination for yacht charter. Often dubbed the Venice of America, Fort Lauderdale boasts more than 300 miles of waterways which offer endless possibilities for sailing and water sports. Home of the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, which is held every October, the area is a Mecca for sailors and yachting enthusiasts.
Marinas in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale boasts a large number of excellent marinas including:
Bahia Mar Yachting Center
Tel: +1 954 587 6226
Billfish Marina & Boatyard
Tel: +1 954 587 6226
The Sails Marina
Tel: +1 954 525 3484
Sunrise Yacht Harbor
Tel: +1 954 667 6720
Fort Lauderdale Marina
Tel: +1 954 523 8507
Weather in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale enjoys a tropical rainforest climate, which is pretty exceptional as it is no where near the equator. But as it is always hot and rainfall is on average above 60mm per month, it qualifies as a tropical rainforest climate. During the months of May through to October temperatures are hot, humid and wet but in November to April temperatures are slightly lower, between 19-28C, and drier. There is a chance of hurricanes between September and October.
Top Five Things to do in Fort Lauderdalei:
- Ride on a swamp buggie at the Billie Swamp Safari. www.billieswamp.com
- Check out the flamingos at the Flamingo Gardens. www.flamingogardens.org
- Take a stroll down Riverwalk, Florida’s ‘Most Beautiful Mile’, crammed with restaurants, bars and shops galore. Here you will also find the Museum of Discovery and Science and the Fort Lauderdale Historical Society Museum.
- Jet ski off the world-famous Fort Lauderdale Beach.
- Try out the award-winning golf course at Deer Creek. www.deercreekflorida.com
Top 5 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale:
- Trina’s in the Atlantic Hotel is the place to come for sublime seafood. www.trinarestaurant.com
- With views to die for and food to match, head to Blue Moon (EAST) Fish Company. Tel: +1 954 267 9888
- By Word of Mouth is an unassuming but outstanding restaurant off Oakland Park Boulevard. www.bywordofmouthfoods.com
- Café Maxx on Pompano Beach serves an eclectic mix of cuisine with a staggering wine list. www.cafemaxx.com
- Head to Casablanca Café for some stunning North African specialties. www.casablancacafeonline.com