Luxury Yacht Charter Japan
Yacht Charter in Japan
Japan might literally be on the other side of the world and its very different culture may be daunting to some, but others have described the country as the best sailing secret in the world. Sailors who have made the journey to Japan under sail have been hugely impressed by the friendliness of the Japanese, the excellent facilities and fascinating landscapes. Japan is now actively trying to attract yacht charters and a number of marinas are currently being built.
Marinas in Japan
Sailing is popular amongst the Japanese, and there are a number of excellent yacht clubs and marinas. However, all websites are in Japanese. Below area selection of facilities open to visitors:
Gamagoori Yacht Habour, Honshu
Shonan Marina, Enoshima
Wakayam Marina City Yacht Club,Wakayam
Hayama harbor, Honshu
Shin Nishinomiya Yacht Harbor, Nishinomiya, Hyogo.
Yokohama Bayside Marina
Marina Honjo Harbour, Honshu
Aboshi Marina Port, Honshu
Ogatsu Bay, Honshu
Honjo Harbor, Honshu
Iwaku Sun Marina
Weather in Japan
The weather in Japan is perhaps one reason why sailing enthusiasts tend to stay clear. But with knowledge and preparation, weather should not be a problem. The north tends to be cold, while the south is in monsoon belt. The rainy season is in June and July, with typhoons being quite common between the end of July and October. However, ample warning is usually given and almost every port has a typhoon shelter.
Top Five Things to do in Japan:
- Visit Tokyo, the city that never sleeps.
- From Tokyo take the bullet train to Mount Fuji.
- Travel to Kyoto and explore the cultural heart of Japan.
- Make sure you seek out an onsen – a hot spring in which you can bathe.
- Play a round of golf at the stunning Gotemba Country Club, at the foot of Mount Fuji. www.gotembagolf.com (in Japanese).
Top 5 Restaurants in Japan
- Arguably the best restaurant at the moment in Tokyo is L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon. www.robuchon.com
- For excellent kaiseki dining in Kyoto book a table at Roan Kikunoi. www.kikunoi.jp
- Have a snack and a few pints at the Kirin Beer village, outside Yokohama.
- For genuine Japanese at its best go to Nihonryor RyuGin in Ropponghi, Tokyo. www.nihonryor-ryugin.com
- On Sundays head to the Park Hyatt for the best brunch in Tokyo. www.tokyo.park.hyatt.com