Luxury Yacht Charter Indonesia
Yacht Charter in Indonesia
There are more than 17,000 islands in Indonesia, which makes it the largest archipelago in the World. And within this beautiful country which stretches the distance of the United States of America and Alaska, there is something for every taste: deserted tropical islands, stunning marine life, undiscovered coves and verdant green landscapes. Again, like much of Asia waters, the region is slowly opening up to yacht charter and the country is a gamut of riches just waiting to be explored.
Marinas in Indonesia
There are currently only two marinas in Indonesia which offer facilities for large yachts. They include:
Tel: +62 361 723601
Nongsa Point Marina
Tel: +62 778 761333
Weather in Indonesia/h3>
Due to its position on the equator, Indonesia has two seasons: wet, and dry. The wet season usually falls between October and April, and the dry between May and September. The waters surrounding the islands can be particularly lethal in December and January in some areas, although Bali seems to avoid much of the extreme weather. Temperatures remain hot, around 25-30C, all year round.
Top Five Things to do in Indonesia:
- Visit Mandala Wisata Wanara Wana, an area of jungle on Bali inhabited by a community of grey-haired, long-tailed Balinese macaques.
- Check out the primates at Bukit Lawang’s orang-utan centre, set up in 1973. You can watch the semi-dependent orang-utans being fed here.
- Catch some waves off the Mentawai Islands, famous for surfing.
- Go dolphin- watching at sunrise off Lovina.
- Play golf at Jakarta’s Gading Raya Golf and Country Club. Tel: +62 21 546 7668.
Top 5 Restaurants in Indonesia
- Dine in the restaurant of cookery writer Janet de Neefe in Ubud for a sensational meal. Tel: +62 361 977409.
- Stiff Chili on Sanur enjoys stunning views – and the pizza aren’t bad either. Tel: +62 361 288371.
- Learn to cook Indonesian food – then eat it at Bumbi Bali. www.balifoods.com
- Enjoy incredible views from The Peak Restaurant, in Bandung. www.thepeakresortdining.com
- Sip cocktails at the Spetra Restaurant, in Jakarta’s Grand Kemang Hotel. www.grandkemang.com