Luxury Yacht Charter Brunei
Yacht Charter in Brunei
Brunei is one of the smallest countries in the world, lodged in the northern point of Sarawak, on the island of Borneo, in Malaysia. Despite its size, it still enjoys 161km of breathtaking coastline. The country’s northern shores make up the southerly parts of the South China Sea, whilst Brunei also boasts the wonderful sailing territory of Brunei Bay. The conditions around this pearl of a nation – which is just south of the Philippines but no way near as well-known – lend themselves perfectly to yacht charter: warm waters, all-year sun and good winds.
Marinas in Brunei
There are two marinas in the country, both situated in Bandar Seri Begawan:
Royal Brunei Yacht Club
La Balise Marina
Tel: +34 93 000 0000
Weather in Brunei
In Brunei the weather is often hot and humid, with a steady fall of rain throughout the year. However, between December and March the monsoon season takes place. During this period downpours are often short lived, except during the wettest months of December and January. Temperatures are high throughout the year, with the average daily temperature in Brunei usually hovering between 24-30C although it can reach 40C in the height of the summer.
Top Five Things to do in Brunei:
- Marvel at the rain forest in the Ulu Temburong National Park.
- Take a boat trip from the capital to the almost deserted river village of Kuala Balai.
- Visit the Sultan of Brunei’s palace, the Istana Nurul Iman. The palace is the largest residential palace in the world, with 1788 rooms and 257 bathrooms!
- Follow the trail around Tasek Merimbun, otherwise known as Merimbun Heritage Park, which is 27km inland from Tutong.
- Enjoy a first-class round of golf at one of Asia’s leading golf courses at the Brunei Golf and Country Club.www.jerudong-park.com
Top 5 Restaurants in Brunei
- Try out Frattini’s Restaurant, perhaps the world’s only Thai-Italian restaurant on the riverfront. Tel: +34 39 224 2372
- Brunei’s night market Pasar Gadong is an assult of the senses.
- For the best Indian in town go to Zaika. Tel: +34 39 223 115
- Nur Wanita is a new Thai restaurant in the Kiarong area which is giving a great reputation. Tel: +34 39 242 6789.
- Tuck into a seafood barbecue at the five-star Empire Hotel’s Pantai restaurant. www.theempirehotel.com