Luxury Yacht Charter Fiji
Yacht Charter in Fiji
Fiji is one of the major countries that make up the South Pacific islands, lying 3,200 km from the eastern coast of Australia. Fiji is an archipelago of more than 300 islands, with most of the population living on the two main islands of Viti Levu and Vanua Levu. Fiji – and the whole of the South Pacific region – is hugely popular as a sailing destination as it offers wonderful opportunities to explore deserted tropical islands, swim in warm clear blue seas and discover lush interiors full of rainforests and dramatic landscapes.
Marinas in Fiji
There are several first-class marinas in Fiji:
Tel: +679 675 0600
Musket Cove Marina
Tel: +679 666 2215
Vuda Point Marina
Tel: ++679 666 8214
Weather in Fiji
The weather in Fiji is tropical marine, with temperatures hovering between 72C-82C for most of the year. The rainy season is from November to April but most of the mountainous regions tend to get the lions share of the rain.
Top Five Things to do in Fiji:
- Snorkel on coral reefs off the Mamanuca Islands.
- Visit Navala Village on the island of Viti Levu, where the local population are some of the very last Fijians to live in the traditional bure style houses, which have thatched roofs.
- Swim in the stunning waterfalls in the Bouma National Park, on the island of Taveuni. www.boumafiji.com
- Watch dolphins playing in the sea over sundowners on Nananu-I-Ra Island
- Play a round of golf at the Fiji Golf Club, in Suva, on the island of Viti Levu. Tel: + 679 3382872
Top 5 Restaurants in Fiji:
- For the best meal in Denarau you need go no further than Chefs Restaurant, right next to the marina. www.chefsfiji.com
- In Nadi Daikoku is the place to go for first-class Japanese.
- The restaurant at the Savusavu Hot Spring Hotel has gained a reputation as a wonderful place to dine. Tel: + 679 8850195
- For a memorable evening reserve a table at the Wicked Walu restaurant at the Warwick Fiji Resort and Spa. www.warwickhotels.com
- The Sheraton Nadi Hotel boasts some wonderful bars and restaurants including the acclaimed Ports O’Call restaurant. www.starwoodhotels.com