Luxury Yacht Charter Cote d’Azur
Yacht Charter on the Cote d’Azur
The coastline from Menton to St Tropez is one of the most famous yachting destinations in the world, and for good reason. This corner of south-eastern France is littered with glamorous ports, idyllic islands and beautiful beaches to rival any of those found in the Caribbean or Asia. What’s more the Cote d’Azur also offers visitors a chance to sample a culture rich in art, music and gastronomic delights which will leave you wanting to return again and again to this beautiful part of Europe.
Marinas on the Cote d’Azur
Considering its popularity as a luxury yachting destination, it is hardly surprising that the Cote d’Azur boasts some of the best yachting facilities in the world, which include:
Port de Garavan, Menton
Tel: +33 (0)4 93 28 78 00
Port de Cap d’Ail
Tel: +33 (0)4 93 78 28 46
Port de Plaisance, Beaulieu sur Mer
Tel: +33 (0)4 93 01 10 49
Port St Jean Cap Ferrat
Tel: +33 (0)4 93 76 45 45
Port de Villefranche
Tel: +33 (0)4 93 01 78 05
Port of Nice
Tel: +33 (0)4 92 00 42 14
Marina Baie des Anges
Tel: +33 (0)4 92 13 32 20
Port Vauban, Antibes
Tel: +33 (0)4 92 91 60 00
Port Gallice, Juan les Pins
Tel: +33 (0)4 92 93 74 40
Port de Golfe Juan
Tel: +33 (0) 4 93 69 96 25
Port Camille Rayon
Tel: +33 (0)4 93 63 30 30
Port Pierre Canto, Cannes
Tel: +33 (0)4 92 18 84 84
Old Port, Cannes
Tel: +33 (0)4 89 88 98 28
Port La Napoule, Mandelieu
Tel: +33 (0)4 92 97 77 77 www.portlanapoule.fr
Port La Rague, Mandelieu
Tel: +33 (0)4 93 49 81 55
Port Grimaud East
Tel: +33 (0)4 94 56 29 88
Port Grimaud South
Tel: +33 (0)4 94 56 73 65
Tel: +33 (0)4 94 56 07 31
Old & New Port de St Tropez
Tel: +33 (0)4 94 56 68 70
Port de Toulon
Tel: +33 (0)4 94 16 09 40
Weather on the Cote d’Azur
The climate on the Cote d’Azur lends itself to sailing. The warmest – and most popular months for yacht charter – are the summer months of July and August when temperatures regularly reach 30C. In the low season, from May to June and then again from September to October, the weather is still wonderfully warm with daily temperatures frequently reaching the mid 20Cs. Beware of the Mistral wind, which blows from the north can affect certain coastal areas such as the Gulf of St Tropez.
Top Five Things to do on the Cote d’Azur:
- Spend the day wine tasting in vineyards near St Tropez.
- Play a round of golf at the prestigious and world-class Royal Mougins Golf Club. www.royalmougins.fr
- People watch at Club 55, on Pampelonne Beach. club55.fr
- Sail to les Iles de Lerins and swim in the crystal clear sea.
- Visit the Matisse Chapel in Vence – or any other of the mind-blowing art museums and galleries which are located the length and breadth of the Cote d’Azur.
Top 5 Restaurants in the Cote d’Azur:
- For those who like to marvel at magical art work while they dine, try the famous Colombe d’Or, in St Paul de Vence. www.la-colombe-dor.com
- La Reserve de Beaulieu is one of the most respected hotels along the coast, with two restaurants to match. Try the Restaurant des Rois for a special occasion or the waterside Le Vent Debout for a summer’s lunch. www.reservebeaulieu.com
- In Cannes the place to head to is Palme d’Or, in the glamorous Hotel Martinez. Reservations – and a jacket – are essential for this exclusive restaurant. www.hotel-martinez.com
- For a truly memorable meal in Nice, try the Chantecler, the flagship restaurant of the city’s premier hotel the Negresco. www.hotel-negresco-nice.com
- Le Residence de la Pinede is arguably St Tropez’s most elegant and exquisite restaurants where you will be guaranteed a memorable meal. www.residencepinede.com
Embark on your French Riviera yacht charter at the glamorous port of St Tropez, home to beautiful beaches and fantastic restaurants such as the Club 55. There are several beautiful places to drop anchor along the coastline, and the old port in Antibes is a great place to spend a night.
Another great day trip is Nice, where guests are invited to stroll along the Promenade des Anglais. Art lovers can take a tour of the Matisse museum and see his old house, while Nice is of course home to more lovely seafood restaurants.
For the more active, Beaulieu sur Mer is one place to drop anchor and try your hand at some of the toys that come with your yacht charter of France. The sea tends to be calm here and is the perfect place to take out a Jet Surf, or the toy that everybody is talking about, the JetLev Flyer.
Further along the coastline is the beautiful town of Cap d'Ail, with its lovely hidden cove of a beach, Plage Mala. Stop off here and try the seafood at Eden Plage Mala. The calm water is ideal for a spot of Paddle Boarding.
The final stop of any yacht charter of the French Riviera should be Monaco. The new Yacht Club is open for business now and it is certainly the number one place to be seen in the summer months.