Luxury Yacht Charter Mauritius
Yacht Charter in Mauritius
Mauritius is an idyllic island which lies in the Indian Ocean, to the east of Madagascar. It is hugely popular amongst well-heeled holidaymakers looking for their paradise on earth. Here, you will find mile upon mile of tropical white sandy beaches, coconut palms swaying in the gentle breeze, and warm friendly locals. It is also becoming popular with yacht charters with its delightful coves and wonderful all-year climate.
Marinas in Mauritius
There are currently three working marinas on Mauritius with a third in development stage.
Grand Bay Yacht Club
Bassin des Chaloupes Marina, at Le Caudan Waterfront
La Balise Marina
West Island Resort Marina
Weather in Mauritius
The weather in Mauritius is typically tropical, with high temperatures all year. However the winter months from May to November are cooler and drier than the summer months, from December to April, when temperatures often hit 35C. The best time to visit the island is between the months of May and early December, when temperatures hover around 20-24C. The peak cyclone months of January and February are best to avoid.
Top Five Things to do in Mauritius:
- Discover Mauritius fascinating history at the Blue Penny Museum. www.bluepennymuseum.com
- Visit the shrine of French Catholic priest and missionary Père Laval, which people travelled half way across the world to see. It is considered to be the Lourdes of the Indian Ocean.
- Hike up Lion Moutain, which towers above the Grand Port.
- Cool down in the marvelous Tamarin Falls, accessible from Henrietta.
- Play a round of golf at the exceptional Belle Mare Plage Golf Course. www.bellemareplagehotel.com
Top 5 Restaurants in Mauritius
- Splash out at the award winning La Langouste Grisée, arguably the island’s best restaurant. www.lalangoustegrisee.com
- For first class Mauritian-Asian fare, try Fusion, in Grand Baie. Tel: +230 269 1338
- Another excellent restaurant with a French flavor is La Flore Mauricienne, in Port Louis. Tel: +230 212 2200
- Situated on a bay with stunning views is Chez Vous, where you will really feel at home. Tel: +230 631 8906
- First Restaurant is the only place to come for a slap up Chinese. Tel: +230 212 0685