Luxury Yacht Charter Maldives
Yacht Charter in the Maldives
The Maldives is a beautiful collection of islands scattered in the Indian Ocean which is becoming increasingly popular as a luxury yacht charter destination. The archipelago consists of more than 1,100 coral islands ripe for snorkeling and diving. There are also mile upon mile of some of the world’s best beaches, enticing lagoons and coves which can be enjoyed year-round in a wonderful temperate climate.
Marinas in the Maldives
There are currently two marinas in the Maldives;
Tel: +960 650 1515
Island Sailors Marina on Dhidhdhoo Isand
Weather in the Maldives
The weather in the Maldives is warm throughout the year, with the annual average daily temperature being between 25 and 30C. Between November and April there is little rain – and little wind. However, this changes between May and October, when the wind and rain arrives. Even during this monsoon season, the downpours are minimal, and the average rainfall is below 2m per annum.
Top Five Things to do in the Maldives:
- For those of you who don’t like diving, take a trip on the Whale Submarine, which looks at like on a reef. www.whalesubmarine.com.mv
- For those of you who do, book into a course of diving at the Sea Explorers Dive School to see some of the greatest marine life in the world. www.seamaldives.com.mv
- Catch a game of cricket at the National Stadium on the island of Male.
- Go snorkeling on Banana Reef.
- Play golf on the Kuredu Golf Course, the first of its kind in the Maldives. www.kuredu.com
Top 5 Restaurants in the Maldives
- Enjoy a sublime meal at arguably Male’s best restaurant, Aioli. Tel: +960 3304984
- For a Thai feast go to Thai Wok, on Male. Tel: +960 3310007
- The Seagull Café offers the best ice-cream around. Tel: +960 3323792
- Dawn Café is one of the biggest tea-shops on the island of Male, and is a great place to go to watch the world go by.
- The Royal Garden Café is an institution. Tel: + 960 3320288