Luxury Yacht Charter Trinidad and Tobago
Yacht Charter in Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago are two islands situated in the Southern Caribbean just off the northern coast of South America. Trinidad is the larger of the two islands, and is the economic and industrial power. Meanwhile Tobago, known fondly as the Jewel of the Caribbean, is its touristic heart and hugely popular amongst yacht charter. Here you will find pristine white beaches, crystal clear water and sunshine almost every day.
Marinas in Trinidad and Tobago
Whilst most yacht charters prefer to sail in waters off Tobago, the principal marinas are located on Trinidad, including:
Corel Cave Marina
Tel: + 868 634 2040
Tel: +868 634 4384
Tel: +868 643 2773
Weather in Trinidad and Tobago
Temperatures in Trinidad and Tobago are equable all year round, which is great news for yacht charter guests. The average daily temperature is around 27C, whilst humidity hovers at around 75 per cent. There is a rainy season, from June to November, and a dry season, from December to May. The islands are outside the hurricane belt – which is another plus for yacht charter visitors.
Top Five Things to do in Trinidad and Tobago:
- Go ‘twitching’ in the Tobago Forest Reserve, the oldest forest reserve in the Caribbean which was established in 1765.
- Visit Fort King George, Tobago’s best remaining colonial fortress in the capital, Scarborough.
- Take a glass bottomed boat to Buccoo Reef off Tobago, one of the most spectacular sights in the world.
- Play golf at Tobago’s picturesque Mt Irvine Golf Club. Tel: +868 639 8871
- Visit Maracas Falls, a stunning 300 feet waterfall reached by trekking through the rain forest.
Top 5 Restaurants in Trinidad and Tobago:
- For the very best Italian in Trinidad, try Angelo. Tel: +868 628 5551
- Dillon’s, near the Coco Reef Resort on Tobago, is run by a deep-sea fisherman which explains the exceptionally fresh fish. Tel: +868 639 8765
- Battimamzelle – which means ‘dragonfly’ in the local dialect – serves sublime Caribbean cuisine. Tel: +868 621 0541
- Located in Tobago’s Coco Reef resort, Tamara’s is one of the island’s most sophisticated diners. Tel: +868 639 8571
- For arguably the most creative cuisine in the whole of Trinidad and Tobago, reserve a table at Solimar, just north of Trinidad. Tel: +868 624 6267