Luxury Yacht Charter The Dominican Republic
Yacht Charter in the Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic covers two thirds of Hispaniola Island, which lies to the east of Cuba, with the remaining one third occupied by the Republic of Haiti. The Dominica Republic takes up approximately 18,000 square miles of the island, which is the second largest of the Greater Antilles islands after its neighbor. With beautiful palm-fringed beaches, a mountainous interior and a number of bewitching outlying islands, the Dominican Republic is an ideal yacht charter destination with a great deal to offer, not least of all is Spanish flair.
Marinas in the Dominican Republic
There are a number of marinas for yacht charters in the Dominican Republic including:
Casa de Campo
Tel: +809 523 8646
Ocean World Marina
Tel: +809 970 3373
Cap Cana Marina
Tel: +809 227 2262
Puerto Bahia Samana
Tel: +809 567 2211
Weather in the Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic enjoys a tropical climate, with temperatures hovering around 25C all year round. January and February tend to be the coolest months, whilst August is the hottest. The wet season occurs in the months of November to February whilst the wet season stretches from May to November.
Top Five Things to do in the Dominican Republic:
- Hang out with the jet set in La Romana, on the southeast coast, where you will great beaches, restaurants and boutiques.
- Tee off at the Casa de Campo golf club. www.casadecampo.com.do
- For a treat for the whole family head to the Ocean World Marina Adventure Park near Puerto Plata. www.oceanworldadventurepark.com
- Watch the world-class surfers who come to surf El Encuentro, a famous reef break which can rise up to 14 feet.
- For a slice of glamour on your yacht charter go to the Ocean World Casino for blackjack, roulette and Caribbean poker. www.oceanworld.net
Top 5 Restaurants in the Dominican Republic:
- The Gourmand Restaurant in the Sivory resort in Punta Cana has an incredible wine list with food to match. www.sivorypuntacana.com
- For an evening of elegant dining head to Sophia’s Bar and Grill, in Santo Domingo. Tel: +809 620 1001
- The Beach Club inside the Casa de Campo resort is truly sublime and worth the trip. www.casadecampo.com.do
- On the Waterfront is an elegant restaurant which sits high up on a cliff in Sosua. www.hotelwaterfrontdr.com
- For the ultimate romantic meal in Playa Plata, on the north coast of the Dominican Republic, head to Lucia, in the up-market Casa Colonial Hotel. www.casacolonial.com