Luxury Yacht Charter Puerto Rico
Yacht Charter in Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico is a Caribbean paradise that lies 1000 miles south-east of Miami. Extremely popular with America tourists, the island is often overlooked by yachtsmen but its government is currently taking measures to ensure its inclusion on the world yacht charter destination map. The tropical island, with a mountainous interior, boasts beautiful beaches, first-class marinas and is the gateway to the magnificent Spanish Virgins Islands. This collection of islands and reefs 15 miles off the coast of Puerto Rico used to be off limits as they were used as a training ground by the US Navy. Now, for the most part, these magical islands are open to yacht charters and offer endless opportunities.
Marinas in Puerto Rico
There are a number of first-class marinas for yacht charters in Puerto Rico, including:
Club Nautico de San Juan
Tel: +787 722 0177
Palmas del Mar Marina and Yacht Club
Tel: +787 656 7300
Ponce Yacht and Fishing Club
Tel: +787 842 9003
Puerto del Rey
Tel: +787 860 1000
San Juan Bay Marina
Tel: +787 721 8062
Weather in Puerto Rico
The weather in Puerto Rico is tropical, with moderate temperature all year round, averaging at around 27C. The temperatures are a little cooler inland and in the mountainous regions. The rainy season stretches from April to November whilst the most popular time to visit Puerto Rico on yacht charter is during the dry season, between November and April.
Top Five Things to do in Puerto Rico:
- Play a round of golf at Donald Trump’s International Golf Club and Residences. www.trumpgolfclubpuertorico.com
- Go on a sports fishing charter in Marlin Alley, a trench near San Juan that dips to 100 fathoms.
- Lounge on the palm-fringed beach at Luquillo, six miles east of Fajardo.
- Try you hand at kite-surfing at La Parguera.
- For those of you on yacht charter in February, make sure you check out the Ponce Carnival, Puerto Rico’s most famous street-party.
Top 5 Restaurants in Puerto Rico:
- For inventive Caribbean seafood try Aquaviva, in San Juan. Tel: +787 722 0665
- Another favorite restaurant in San Juan is Baru, for a mixture of Caribbean and Mediterranean cuisine. Tel: +787 977 7107
- Mark at the Melia is the place to head to for haute cuisine in Ponce. www.hotelmeliapr.com
- Arguably the best tapas in Puerto Rico is found at bbh, at the Bravo Beach Hotel. bravobeachhotel.com
- Pikayo at San Juan’s Puerto Rico Museum of Art has carved itself a wonderful reputation. www.pikayo.com