Luxury Yacht Charter Jamaica
Yacht Charter in Jamaica
Despite its reputation as one of the most exciting tourist destinations in the Caribbean, the island of Jamaica has surprisingly not yet established itself as a major super yacht charter destination. However, it certainly should not be overlooked. The island, which is the Caribbean’s third largest, has enough charm and attractions to suit all tastes making it the ideal place to come on yacht charter. Situated 90 miles south of Cuba and 550 miles south of Miami, Jamaica boasts more than 630 miles of stunning coastline, whilst its interior is mountainous rain forest habited by rare wildlife and plants.
Marinas in Jamaica
There are currently few facilities for super yacht charter in Jamaica, apart from:
Errol Flynn Marina
Tel: +876 715 6044
Weather in Jamaica
The weather in Jamaica is tropical, with temperatures ranging from about 25-32C all year round. The wettest months in Jamaica are between May and June, and then again in October and November. However, rainfall does depend on where you are in Jamaica. For example, the south western coast of Jamaica receives very little rain whereas the east coast tends to get more rain than anywhere. Jamaica lies in the hurricane belt, with the official hurricane season running from June to the end of November.
Top Five Things to do in Jamaica:
- Swim in the famous Blue Lagoon, a stunning swimming hole made famous by the movie of the same name. Legend has it that the water in the Blue Lagoon, located just seven miles from Port Antonio, has aphrodisiac powers.
- Visit the Somerset Falls, a series of stunning waterfalls set deep in a rain forest-covered gorge on the Daniels River.
- Go water-rafting on bamboo rafts down the Rio Grande River, situated six miles north if Port Antonio.
- Tee off at the elegant Caymanas Golf and Country Club. www.caymanasgolfclub.com
- Swim with dolphins at Dolphin Cove, Ochos Rios. www.dolphincovejamaica.com
Top 5 Restaurants in Jamaica:
- Enjoy a candlelight meal on the terrace at the Sugar Mill Restaurant in Montego Bay. www.halfmoonjamaica.com
- For panoramic views and equally sensational food try Mille Fleurs, perched 180 metres above sea level in the Hotel Mocking Bird Hill. www.hotelmockingbirdhill.com
- Redbones Blues Café serves some of the best Jamaican cuisine on the island. www.redbonesbluescafe.com
- For a fantastic and filling Sunday brunch, head to Strawberry Hill, in the Blue Mountains resort. www.islandoutpost.com/strawberry_hill
- Sshh, don’t tell anyone else on yacht charter, but head to Dickie’s Best Kept Secret for a memorable feast. Tel: +876 809 6276