Luxury Yacht Charter Guadeloupe
Yacht Charter in Guadeloupe
Up until now its claim to fame has been its butterfly-shaped form from above, but now Guadeloupe looks set to gain prominence as an emerging luxury yacht charter destination. In fact, Guadeloupe is a great deal more than a big island shaped like a butterfly. The newest Caribbean yacht charter hot spot is actually an archipelago consisting of five other islands: Marie-Galante, La Desirade, Petite-Terre and Iles des Saintes. The islands are characterized by stunning white sandy beaches, dense rain forest interspersed with tumbling waterfalls and a natural beauty which literally takes your breath away.
Marinas in Guadeloupe
There only marina in Guadeloupe with facilities for yacht charter is:
Tel: +590 93 66 20
Weather in Guadeloupe
Guadeloupe enjoys a near perfect all-year climate which is ideal for yacht charter. Temperatures hover around 25C in the winter months and 32C in the summer, rarely dipping below or peaking above. The weather is moderated by northeastern trade winds which makes the heat very pleasant indeed. The wet season is between July and November, when it can feel very humid. There is also a chance of hurricanes during this period.
Top Five Things to do in Guadeloupe:
- Go diving at Sec Pate, an underwater mountain rising at -18 metres below sea level in the Saintes channel.
- Play a round of golf at the 18-hole golf course at St Francois. Tel: +590 88 41 87
- Visit a rum factory on the island of Marie-Galante.
- Enjoy a sunset on board your luxury yacht charter anchored in Moustique Beach, on Marie-Galante.
- Sail around Les Saintes islands, rated as some of the most picturesque in the Caribbean.
Top 5 Restaurants in Guadeloupe:
- For sublime Creole creations try Chez Jackye, on Basse-Terre. Tel: +590 98 06 98
- Cote Jardin near the Pointe-a-Pitre Marina on Grande Terre serves fantastic French cuisine. Tel: +590 90 91 28
- Another excellent French restaurant is the Iguane Café, in St Francois. Tel: +590 88 61 37
- La Caféière Beauséjour is a hidden gem in the Pointe-Noire Valley. Be careful to book in advance. Tel: +590 98 10 09.
- For delicious seafood Creole-style head to Le Poisson d’Or in Port Louis. Tel: +590 22 88 63