Luxury Yacht Charter Grenada
Yacht Charter in Grenada
The country of Grenada, located between the islands of St Vincent and the Grenadines to the north and Trinidad to the south, actually comprises of three islands: Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique. With is stunning beaches, emerald blue sea and great diving sites, the country is no stranger to sailing enthusiasts. However, considerable efforts have been made over the last decade to develop its infrastructure and it is now one of the primary yacht charter destinations in the region.
Marinas in Grenada
Facilities for yacht charter on Grenada are excellent. They include:
Clarkes Court Bay Marina
Tel: +473 439 2593
Tel: +473 443 1667
Le Phare Bleu Marina
Tel: +473 444 2400
Port Louis Marina
Tel: +473 435 7431
Prickly Bay Marina
Tel: +473 439 5265
The Grenada Yacht Club
Tel: +473 440 6826
True Blue Bay Marina
Tel: +473 439 1000
Weather in Grenada
The average year-round temperature in Grenada is around 28C, making it ideal for yacht charter. The hottest months are from June to August, when temperatures can creep up to the mid 30Cs. However, they tend to be slightly cooler – by five degrees or so – in the winter months from November to February. Grenada has two seasons - wet and dry - the former occurring between June and November when hurricanes can also happen, although they are rare.
Top Five Things to do in Grenada:
- The Grenada Country Golf Club is the island’s only green, so make sure you book ahead for a memorable round. Tel: +473 444 4128
- Swim off the beach at Grand Anse, one of the most spectacular beaches in the Caribbean.
- Once you have tired of the emerald blue sea, visit the Concord Falls for some extreme swimming.
- Hang out in the River Sallee Boiling Springs, six waterholes in the north-east of the island.
- Check out the Underwater Sculpture Park, an innovative underwater exhibition of sculptures built by English artist Jason Taylor. www.underwatersculpture.com
Top 5 Restaurants in Grenada:
- For stunning Creole cuisine in a totally laid-back atmosphere try the Coconut Beach Restaurant on Grand Anse beach. Tel: +473 444 4644
- London celebrity chef Gary Rhodes has invaded Grenada – and his signatory Rhodes restaurant in the Calabash Hotel is well worth a visit. www.calabashhotel.com
- For a truly memorable meal visit the Spice Island Beach Resort and check into Oliver’s Restaurant. www.spicebeachresort.com
- At Laluna you will discover a winning combination of Creole Italian. www.laluna.com
- Set in the lush tropical gardens of the Blue Horizons Garden Resort, La Belle Creole is a must on any yacht charter. www.grenadabluehorizons.com