Luxury Yacht Charter Perth
Yacht Charter in Perth
Perth is the capital of Western Australia, a wealthy and modern city in the middle of the western coastline. Sailing is particularly popular here, with many yacht clubs and sailing schools dotted along the shore. The region made history in 1983 when Australia stunned the world by winning the America’s Cup, thus ending a 132 year run of success by the New York yacht Club. Here, yacht charters can cruise along the banks of the Swan River, enjoying an excellent view of the superb city. Alternatively sail southwards to Fremantle, where optimum sailing conditions will make you feel like you’re in the America’s Cup. The region is characterized by pristine white beaches on which there is hardly a soul to be seen, as well as great expanses of azure blue oceans where dolphins play in the waves.
Marinas in Perth
There are a considerable number of marinas in the Perth area, many of which have facilities for super yachts:
South of Perth Yacht Club
Tel: +618 9364 5488
Ascot Waters Marina
Tel: +618 9339 5666
Tel: +618 9336 1122
Pier 21 Marina
Tel: +618 9430 4500
Weather in Perth
Perth has a Mediterranean climate and is located in one of only five Mediterranean climate zones in the world. For most of the year, the weather is fine and sunny, and even during the short mild winter, between June and August, the sun often shines. Summer temperatures for December to February often hover around 33C, rarely falling below 30C. In the winter, temperatures range between 18C-21C, with an increased chance of storms.
Top Five Things to do in Perth:
- Book a whale watching trip if you are in Perth between October and December.
- Eat fish and chips on Scarborough Beach and watch the sun go down over the Indian Ocean.
- Anchor of Rottnest Island, and explore its hidden coves.
- Sample wines in Swan Valley, a 40 minutes drive from Perth.
- Tee off at the stunning Collier Park Golf Course. Tel: +618 9484 1666.
Top 5 Restaurants in Perth:
- For an elegant afternoon tea head to The Byrneleigh Hotel. Tel: +618 6161 2722
- The 1907 restaurant is the place to come for sophisticated cocktails. www.1907.com.au
- For fine Western Australian fare check out The Richardson Hotel’s Opus restaurant. www.therichardson.com.au
- The Aviary is a brand new rooftop restaurant and bar that is the talk of Perth. www.theaviaryperth.com.au
- For modern Australian food with a South Asian flavor try Star Anise. www.staraniserestaurant.com.au