Luxury Yacht Charter Newcastle
Yacht Charter in Newcastle
Just up the coast from Sydney in the region of New South Wales is the town of Newcastle, a bustling port surrounded by miles upon miles of wonderful sandy beaches. Sailing is hugely popular amongst locals, with cruises of the Lake Macquarie particularly recommended. The area is often overlooked by charters heading up to the Gold Coast, but the area itself offers plenty of attractions.
Marinas in Newcastle
There are three noteworthy marinas in Newcastle:
Marmong Point Marina
Tel: +612 4958 3333
Lemon Tree Passage Marina
Tel: +612 4982 5522
Nelson Bay Marina
Tel: +612 4984 1333
Weather in Newcastle
The weather in Newcastle is very similar to Sydney, with hot summers between November and February, and mild winters. Rainfall can happen all year round, although the winter and the spring, between March and October, tend to be the driest months. The average temperature during the summer months is 26C, when there are between eight and nice hours of sunshine per day. Even in winters, temperatures rarely fall below 17C.
Top Five Things to do in Newcastle:
- Go whale watching off the coast of Newcastle.
- Explore Lake Macquarie.
- Take an open air dip in Merewether Ocean Baths, the largest sea baths in the southern hemisphere.
- Go for a walk in the lush rain forest of Watagans National Park.
- Enjoy a round of golf at Newcastle Golf Club, New South Wales number 1 golf club. www.newcastlegolf.com.au
Top 5 Restaurants in Newcastle:
- Despite its name, Scratchley’s on the Wharf is one of Newcastle’s best restaurants. www.scratchleys.com.au
- For excellent French cuisine go to Restaurant Deux. Tel: +612 4929 1233
- Rocksalt on Newcastle Marina is renowned for first-class seafood. www.rocksaltnewcastle.com.au
- Bacchus offers visitors the chance to taste real ‘local’ dishes. www.bacchusnewcastle.com.au
- If Japanese is your food of choice head to Nagisa for the evening. Tel: +612 4929 4122.