Luxury Yacht Charter Darwin
Yacht Charter in Darwin
The northern city of Darwin is one of the least well-known areas of Australia, arguably due to its distance from any other major attraction, but its coastline is stunning and there are plenty of excellent sailing opportunities. Darwin and the northern coast is also a good point from which to travel further north, to the islands of Indonesia, for example. Darwin itself boasts a beautiful natural harbour, and there are large swathes of stunning sandy beaches which stretch for mile upon mile in either direction.
Marinas in Darwin
There are three marinas in Darwin:
Tipperary Waters Marina
Tel: +618 8942 2231
Tel: +618 8981 3733
Cullen Bay Marina
Tel: +618 8942 0400
Tel: +617 4099 5031
Weather in Darwin
The weather in Darwin is…hot. The temperatures really fall below 30C all year round, peaking at around 34C in the height of the summer. The wet season, which occurs between December and March, can be very damp although outbreaks of rain tend to be short and sharp.
Top Five Things to do in Darwin:
- Swim under the waterfall at Berry Springs, a stunning nature park close to Darwin.
- Watch scores of fish come to shore to be fed by hand at Aquascene. www.aquascene.com.au
- Marvel at all the different food stalls at Mindil Beach market.
- Take a trip to Bare Sand Island to see nesting flatback turtles. www.seadarwin.com
- Play a round of golf at the top-class Darwin Golf Club. www.darwingolfclub.com.au
Top 5 Restaurants in Darwin:
- For an eye-watering Indian try Hanuman. www.hanuman.com.au
- Pee Wee’s at the Point is a first-class restaurant in a stunning waterfront location. www.peewees.com.au
- If you are hankering after a steak, reserve a table at Char Restaurant. www.chardarwin.com.au
- Enjoying a prme location on Stokes Hill Wharf, The Jetty Restaurant is a wonderful place to bring the family. Tel: +618 8942 1500
- Seafood on the Cullen is perhaps the best place to come for quality seafood at a reasonable price. Tel: +618 8941 4070