Luxury Yacht Charter Bonaire
Yacht Charter in Bonaire
Bonaire is another of the ABC islands in the Lesser Antilles. It is a small island measuring just 111 square miles but what it lacks in size Bonaire makes up in substance. The island boasts some excellent dive and windsurfing sites. It is also a wonderful place to come on a yacht charter if you fancy being away from the madding crowds.
Marinas in Bonaire
The principal marina on Bonaire is:
Harbour Village Beach Club
Tel: +599 717 7500
Weather in Bonaire
Bonaire’s weather is pretty perfect for yacht charter. Temperatures seldom drop below 25C and peak in the summer months at around 32C. With an average rainfall of less than 20 inches a year, a location completely outside the hurricane belt and the cooling influence of the trade winds, Bonaire is one of the most temperate islands in the Caribbean.
Top Five Things to do in Bonaire:
- Bonaire is ranked among the top three dive sites in the world, so make sure you check out the island’s best locations for diving. Divers must contact the Bonaire Marine Park for authorization. Tel: +599 717 8444
- Go on a night snorkeling trip.
- Visit Rincon, the island’s earliest settlement, now a bustling market town.
- Tour the mangroves in a kayak, one of Bonaire’s fastest growing sports.
- Stop off on your yacht charter at Lac Bac on the east coast for some excellent windsurfing.
Top 5 Restaurants in Bonaire:
- The Imperial Japanese Bar and restaurant serves sublime sushi. Tel: +599 717 8434
- Bonaire’s very own Mona Lisa is a highly-acclaimed international restaurant. Tel: +599 717 8718
- For authentic French cuisine head to Bistro de Paris. Tel: +599 717 7070
- The Cactus Blue is a colorful restaurant with an equally colorful menu. www.cactusbluebonaire.com
- Once you’ve had your fill of windsurfing at Lac Bac indulge in some award-winning food at the Kontiki Beach Club. www.kontikibonaire.com