Luxury Yacht Charter Block Island
Yacht Charter in Block Island
Block Island is a small island which lies approximately 20 miles from Newport, and is a natural stop off point en route to Long Island Sound and beyond. The island boasts 17 miles of beautiful beaches and two major harbors, and is a wonderful place to come on yacht charter to relax. Alternatively, try your hand at fishing in the waters off the island, or a spot of diving, which is also very popular.
Marinas in Block Island
For an island this small, there are surprisingly good yacht charter facilities, including:
Tel: +1 401 466 7777
Tel: +1 401 466 3235
Tel: +1 401 466 5572
The Boat Basin
Tel: +1 401 466 2631
Weather in Block Island
The weather in Block Island is very similar to that in Newport, with warm, dry summers and cold winters, with temperatures frequently falling to below freezing in January and February. The ideal time to come on yacht charter is in the summer months where temperatures hover around 27C and there is little rain.
Top Five Things to do in Block Island:
- Rent a horse and ride along some of the wonderful beaches on the island.
- Visit Rodman’s Hollow wildlife preserve.
- Check out Mohegan Bluffs, an impressive series of 200-feet-high cliffs.
- Enjoy a day of total relaxation and pampering at the Koru Health Spa. www.koruecospa.com
- Fish for striped bass off Charlestown Beach.
Top 5 Restaurants in Block Island:
- The Beachhead Restaurant is a great place to bring the family during your yacht charter. www.thebeachhead.com
- For the best breakfast on the island head to The Oar. Tel: +1 401 466 8820
- Harry’s Café is a charming café overlooking New Harbor. Alcohol is not served here however. www.harryscafe.com
- Ballard’s Inn serves some of the best seafood on the island. www.ballardsinn.com
- Try the tuna nachos at Eli’s, an extremely popular Italian restaurant on the island. Tel: +1 401 466 5230