Luxury Yacht Charter Baltimore
Yacht Charter in Baltimore
Baltimore is a bustling and booming city in the state of Maryland within easy reach of Washington and Philadelphia. While the city itself might not be terribly yacht charter-friendly - its more of a operational port than a yachting hub – the surrounding area of Chesapeake Bay offers plenty of opportunities. Baltimore is located at the top of Chesapeake Bay, America’s largest estuary, and one of the best sailing destinations on the East Coast with protected waters, perfect anchorages and wonderful scenery.
Marinas in Baltimore
There are a few marinas in Baltimore catering to the yacht charter industry including:
Harborview Marina and Yacht Club
Tel: +1 410 752 1122
Inner Harbor East Marina
Tel: +1 410 625 1700
Baltimore Marine Center
Tel: +1 410 675 8888
Tel: +1 410 522 7200
Center Dock Marina
Tel: +1 410 685 9055
Henderson’s Wharf Inn and Marina
Tel: +1 410 522 7900
Weather in Baltimore
The weather in Baltimore is pretty similar to any of the towns and cities on the Mid-Atlantic coast. Summers are generally hot, with July being the hottest month where temperatures are usually in the 30s. Winters are cold, with temperatures plummeting to around 2C in January. Rain falls moderately throughout the year, with the wettest months tending to be in the spring and summer.
Top Five Things to do in Baltimore:
- Take the kids to the world-class National Aquarium in Baltimore. www.aqua.org
- Head to the Gunpowder Falls State Park where you will 1,500 feet of tranquil beaches along the Gunpowder River.
- Visit Fort McHenry, a star shaped bastion which famously defended Baltimore Harbor from an attack by the British in 1812. The views from the fort are outstanding.
- Tee off at the challenging Rocky Point Golf Course. Tel: +1 410 887 0215
- Get to know Baltimore’s Inner Harbor from the inside of a kayak.
Top 5 Restaurants in Baltimore:
- Arguably the best in fine dining in Baltimore can be found at award-winning Charleston. www.charlestonrestaurant.com
- Take your wine from the adjacent wine shop and enjoy some simple tucker at the Wine Market. www.wine-market.com
- Obrycki’s Crab House and Seafood restaurant maybe a mouthful to pronounce but it’s worth trying to reserve a table here. www.obryckis.com
- For authentic Italian head to Little Italy and seek out Aldo’s Ristorante Italiano. www.aldositaly.com
- The Dogwood is run by Baltimore celebrity chef Galen Sampson and is gaining quite a reputation for itself. www.dogwoodbaltimore.com